Busy Mums and show horses
Since having baby number two in May this year, I have found that I have so much less time in the day to fit my ponies.
Dashing out in the morning to quickly feed, muck out and throw them out in the paddock. In the afternoon, much the same. Bringing them in for dinner, changing/checking rugs, hanging up their hay net, checking the waters and feeding up. This seems to be the only things I have time to do at the
I’m lucky and my daughter loves coming outside to “help” feed up most nights and hubby is very good about my horses as they aren’t his thing.
This got me thinking about some tips for busy people (Mums, Dads, Full Time workers, people in general really ha ha) with show horses.
These are a few of my tips
* Get those entries in before the due date.
* Replace items as they run out.
* Clean gear and repack show bags after your last show. Or if it’s your everyday gear leave enough time to clean it before the show.
* Have all your papers/memberships and your horses papers all in a folder in a particular spot. That way you know where they are and can grab themeasily. Or keep them in your gear bag if that’s safe.
* Check your show box a week or two
before the show and write a list of what you need.
* Shop online! DSH Equestrian has so many amazing products, delivered right to your door.
* Make sure you have everything packed at least the night before a show.
These are just a few tips from a time poor, tired mum of two beautiful daughters and a show horse who I love most of the time!
I would love to hear your tips/hacks